A.V. Cato Elementary

 

 

Built in 1950, this 60-year old school's original campus had outlived its useful life. Repairs and upgrades were no longer the most economical solution for continuing the building's effective use. Furthermore, the old school was located too near the District's other elementary school, while other parts of town were separated by a major thoroughfare. The new replacement school shown here was constructed on a new site across town to more equitably serve the community.