FORNEY HIGH SCHOOL
Constructed during the WPA and opening in 1938 as Forney High School, the current Forney ISD Administration Building is a Registered Landmark. WRA renovated the building in 2008 and worked with the Texas Historical Commission to comply with State historical preservation requirements for the landmark building. A new office wing matches the original building's appearance. A new enclosed courtyard was created for use by teachers and other District staff. Old windows were replaced with energy efficient wood framed multi-light units matching the appearance of the original windows. New HVAC and electrical systems were also included.
MESQUITE HIGH SCHOOL
Established in 1902 on this site, Mesquite High School is a Registered Landmark. Buildings were added in 1923 and the late 1930s. In the late 1990's WRA worked with the Texas Historical Commission and the school district to renovate the oldest wing. The design maintains the integrity of the original exterior of brick and cast stone, while completely renovating the interior to meet the district's current classroom standards and ADA/accessibility requirements. Spaces that were renovated included classrooms, restrooms, lecture halls and other spaces.