Renovated Fall 2015
Memorial Stadium was built in 1976 and was approaching 40 years of age with very minimal improvements since the original construction date.
Memorial Stadium has a capacity of 20,000 (one of the largest high school only stadiums in Texas), is used by all five high schools for football, soccer and band and is the site of high school playoff games.
The goals of the renovation and addition were to;
1. Bring the facility up to current building, accessibility and energy codes.
2. Provide better security by separating performing students and spectators from the time of arrival until the end of the event.
3. Student and equipment parking and drop off area at north end zone field level to prevent buses and trucks backing up onto Scyene Rd.
4. Enlarged concourse circulation area for better spectator access to restrooms and concessions.
5. Removal of bleachers to open up the spectator view from the concourse to the field.
6. Enlarged and relocation of the locker rooms to field level.
7. Enhance the appearance of the exterior of the facility.
8. Enlarged pressbox with elevator access and spaces designed for Texas 5A high school football game requirements.
9. Enlarged concessions queing, cooking and serving spaces.